RETURNS & REPAIRS
FOR PRODUCTS MANUFACTURED BY H. A. PHILLIPS & CO.:
H. A. Phillips & Co. will review any customer’s request to return product(s) for credit or repair. Customers must obtain a Return Material Authorization prior to returning any product(s). NOTE: RMA numbers are only valid for 6 months following their date of issue.
The following steps must be followed for all returns and repairs:
- Customer contacts H. A. Phillips & Co. for a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number.
- H. A. Phillips & Co. issues the customer and RMA form and a copy of the Return Material and Repair Policy.
- H. A. Phillips & Co. indicates “Repair & Return” or “Return for Credit” on the RMA form.
- Customer includes the RMA form with the product(s) when packaged for shipment.
- Customer writes the RMA number on the outside of the package.
- The product(s) must be packaged properly to prevent any damage during shipment. The original box must be used for all returns except valid warranty claims.
- Customer ships the product(s) prepaid UPS to the factory address. H. A. Phillips & Co. WILL NOT accept any
- Payment for product is not contingent upon processing of RMA. Any applicable credit(s) will be available only upon issuance by H. A. Phillips. Please refer to the published Terms & Conditions regarding payment terms.
When a credit is requested, H. A. Phillips & Co. will inspect the returned condition of the product(s) prior to making a credit decision. A minimum restocking charge calculated as 15% of the purchase price or $15.00, whichever is greater, will apply. If the product(s) returned is (are) a non-stocked assembly that must be disassembled before restocking the components, a restocking charge of 25% of the purchase price or $25.00, whichever is greater, will apply. If the returned product(s) is (are) defective in material or workmanship according to the warranty provisions of H. A. Phillips & Co.’s Terms & Conditions of Sale, there will be no restocking charge. An additional charge of 10% of the purchase price or $10.00, whichever is greater, will apply if the product is returned without: 1) the original packaging (for non-warranty returns only), 2) the RMA paperwork, or 3) if the RMA is more than 60 days old on the date that the product was shipped to the factory by the customer.
Any damage due to improper packing of the returned product(s) by the customer will be charged to the customer or the product(s) will be returned to the customer with no credit given and return freight billed to the customer.
H. A. Phillips & Co. will repair valves with a Valve Serial Number that indicates the valve was manufactured less than ten (10) years prior to the request for an RMA. A customer should check with the factory to verify the age. Repair parts for older valves are usually available. H. A. Phillips & Co. will repair a valve for a fee of 75% of the current total cost for a new valve, contingent on the re-use of the valve body and float ball (if applicable). The repaired or replaced valve assumes the remaining term of the applicable warranty or 90 days; whichever is longer.
FOR PRODUCTS SOLD OR DISTRIBUTED BY H. A. PHILLIPS & CO. BUT MANUFACTURED BY OTHERS:
When a credit is requested for product(s) not manufactured by H. A. Phillips & Co., any restocking fee(s) is (are) subject to the published Terms & Conditions of the original manufacturer. The restock fee(s) and other costs related to the credit request will be passed to the customer.